Saturday, 30 October 2010

the short story

I've been trying to blog since Wednesday and have started but I have a lot to say and not much time to write.  So the short story is, on Wednesday I grabbed my heels in Kapotasana, all by myself.  This has been one hell of a journey for me, and continues to be, hence the long story which is in progress. After doing the pose I cried both happy and sad, my whole body trembled, like my whole body was releasing something.  I feel that a part of me that was inside is now free to be outside.  I feel healed and whole, I'm grateful but it is still REALLY HARD!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! Gave me the chills reading this. Makes me dread Kapo a little bit less (and motivates me to work on my backbending a little bit more). Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, your inspiring me to get back to the long story, now that I have a moment. Kai, no need to dread kapo now, who knows how it will be for you.

    I say this but I realise I felt the same way about karandavasana when I was stopped at pincha. Now I've been given karandavasana I actually feel kinda relieved, even though it's gonna be a tough pose to work on at home, we can only do what we can in any given moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations! I'm imagining there's the temptation, when you have the next pose(s) already, to think that a tricky pose is as far as it's getting, and you can just practice it to that point and not work on it further. OK, maybe not, knowing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, definitely not, especially not with this particular one, I've worked really hard at it, you know me well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Helen, that must have been a wonderful moment.

    See you next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kevin, I almost couldn't believe it. I will be in London next weekend so hopefully see you then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooohooooo!!!! Yeah!!! You go girl, what a great post, I am so happy for you, hard or not you did it

    ReplyDelete