Tuesday, 10 November 2009

worshops- David Swenson and mysore classes

I already planned to go to London a week on Saturday, for 3 mysore style classes.  The following week ( I realised last night) David Swenson is doing his intro to second series workshop.  Last year I did his teacher training intensive, I learnt a lot, it was fab, in fact next year I may even do it again but back to now...well I couldn't resist going to go to London two weeks in a row.  Also booked myself onto David's Breath, Bandhas and Pranayama: Exploring the Mantra of Ujjayi and the Mysteries of Energy Locks workshop.  Yogaholics anonymous s here I come! Plan to stay until Monday so I can go to AYL Sunday and Monday.  At the moment these are the things I am most focused on in my practice second series, pranayama and bandhas so will be great to explore them all in one day of workshops with the Swens, as one of my students lovingly calls DS. 


Also Hamish is coming to Manchester to do a workshop in December, since I live in Liverpool this will make things much easier, especially as it is on a weekend.  Hamish doesn't normally teach on a weekend so I normally go to London for a long weekend, practice with other teachers at the weekend and H on Monday.  Will be great to have 2 days in a row with the same teacher!  Doesn't sound like much but it is to me, lol.


I was thinking of trying to get in some more mysore classes over the Christmas break but given that I have 3 trips planned already I will maybe go to the lake district for a few days over Christmas break instead.  Am I rambling?  Sorry I am excited!



11 comments:

  1. Didnt realise the workshop was an intro to 2nd series, am tempted, though dont want to try and run before I can stand up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breath, Bandhas and Pranayama with the Swens, sounds tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grimmly and Kevin both workshops sound interesting, really pleased I decided to go for it. Karen blogged about the intro to second series workshop earlier in the year sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi helen,

    Are you doing the 2nd series workshop on the Friday or saturday, though the one on Fridays looks aimed at those who can already do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kevin, I'm going on Saturday as I work Friday but can't see a second series workshop on Friday? From Karen's blog I gather it is very much an into only doing poses as appropriate to who turns up I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you thinking of coming? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen,

    I read it wrong, the Friday one is a led Primary.

    I am thinking about coming on the Saturday, I see the second workshop that day is sold out already, you must have got one of the last places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool let me know if you decide to come. The workshop which has sold out is the one on Friday, everyone loves to learn handstands with David Swenson. There are still places on the pranayama bandha workshop I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You call me yoga crazy!! I am really enjoying practicing pranayama every day with Sheshadri, the 'Swens' workshop sounds great. I really found his week last year fantastic too - he's got such an easy way about him.

    I knew you'd be thrilled that Hamish was doing a workshop in Manchester - much easier for you to get there. I also totally get what you're saying, i feel the same about my teachers.

    Thanks for the Goa advice - i've signed up! I'd quite like to practice with Rolf, it's only for the day, but there are only 30 of us, so it should be good.
    Speak soon matey
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen,

    Susan helped me make my mind up, I got home and booked my place.Let the future begin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, I will see you there then :)

    ReplyDelete