Thursday, 17 September 2009

The Yoga Teacher by Alexander Gray

Yoga Teacher by Alexandra Gray: Book Cover    


I read a lot of yoga books and sometimes find my mind is too tired to digest philosophy, anatomy etc.  So I try to have a few lighter reads on the go as well, so I can choose what I feel like reading at any given time.  This book fit the bill totally, it was light, easy to read and about yoga.  It is a fictional story about a womens journey to become a yoga teacher.  I guess it's a bit girly with romance side stories and being about a women, but men may enjoy reading it too.  It didn't change my life but it did make me reflect a little and think about what I was doing.  I recently changed career myself to become a yoga teacher so there are some similarities but not many.  I feel like it was more of a journey for me but perhaps I'm just creating drama in my head.  Although not an amazing book, I thought the book was a good lightweight entertaining read.

4 comments:

  1. Nice posting. Do you know about these yoga books?

    http://www.yogavidya.com/freepdfs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the book, although a light read, it did make me think about where I am and where in an ideal world I would like to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Kevin, how is that dream of going to mysore coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen,

    Mysore is on my christmas list for Santa along with doing a dropback! I don't want much do I, ha ha.

    I will get there, now that I have acknowledged it to myself and I asked Dena about it when I was in Australia. It has gone from being a nice idea to something I am now working towards.

    ReplyDelete