Monday, 3 August 2009

just getting on with it

Yesterday I did my current weekly practice of full second series. This time I did it without a DVD for the first time. Some postures that are usually better were not there but it was a nice practice. Getting a bit more fluidity with the sequence. Kapotasana felt close yesterday but not so today as is so often is the case. Jump back was more fluid today, I worked on it and enjoyed the mindfulness of being conscious of my movements in space.

Today I did full primary and really enjoyed focus on ujayi breathing. Last week tried to speed up my primary with the virtual help of Sharath on his DVD. Today just tried to flow with it. I can get into Supta Kurmasana, first attempt but it takes a couple of breaths, at the mo, working on this, everything else I can enter with ease.

After a few attempts at Kapotasana from various different methods I still felt strong. So kept going to Pincha Mayurasana, couldn't free balance today so went to the wall. Having realised recently how much my primary has changed, has freed me a bit to just practice each day and see how it is. We can only be where we are afterall, here.

6 comments:

  1. "We can only be where we are afterall, here."

    I just wrote this down. Because, it's perfect. "You are here, right now, in this room, nothing else matters." That's what one of my yoga teachers used to say. Same concept, just less succinct. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah, I really love the way you write so glad you liked some of my words. Thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you go straight into 2nd after seated, or do you do any of the Primary seated poses, I know some people jump off at Supta K?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I mostly do full primary seated although occasionally I will stop at supta K or garba p and go to second from there, rarely though. I'm only officially practicing up to krounchasana though. I practice more at home because I like to have at least one pose I can't do to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havnt officially been "given" any of second, but having done a couple of workshops I really like how Ustrasana and Laghu Vajrasana open my back for Urdva Dhanurasana and dropback experiments. I can only dream of Pasasana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those early poses in second really open the back out. My normal home practice these days is to Kapotasana, as that's the pose I can't do by myself. I learnt to drop back and come up before I started second but I do love to have a more open back before urdva dhanurasana. I figure a little of experimentation in home practice is fair enough, in fact I really enjoy explorations. Do you practice full primary at the shala?

    ReplyDelete